22 November 2008

Three Things You Need To Do On Winamp.

Even when Winamp is my favorite music player, it still has several.... annoying default settings. I will always change them when I reinstall Winamp (because I reformat my computer, for example).

To change Winamp settings, go to Winamp settings page that can be accessed via right click like I performed below, or use ctrl+ P shortcut:


Here are the changes I mentioned:

1. Make Winamp's default position at Systray not at taskbar. This is done because I don't want my taskbar's cluttered.

2. On the same page, disallow version check and automatic report of usage statistics features. And finally,

3. Change quick shortcuts to access Winamp. This feature is done via Winamp's Global Hotkeys plugin. I usually only have two settings here: Bring/Hide Winamp UI and play/pause song being played on background.


Phew... That's all. Do you have any tweaks of your own for Winamp?

7 comments:

Thomas said...

I love how I am able to dump all the songs on my computer onto Winamp and hit random.

Sam said...

Hi you have so many names huh! Okay I'm interested to exchange link with you. I'll add you after I post this comment.

Cheers!

~ said...

Thank you. I've been looking how to disable the toolbar when it's minimized.

Fransiska Ike said...

Oh yeah... I forgot you were always using iTunes.... -.-

~ said...

I am a recent convert to Winamp as I can control the workings of winamp through desktop (the Rainmeter skin: Simplicity.)

Also, iTunes take too much resources. I use iTunes for necessity. (iPod.)

Raju said...

wonderful post mate :) we are so used to use a software "as-is" unless someone feeds us with the tweaks !!

Zheng junxai5 said...

zhengjx20160623
coach outlet store online
louis vuitton handbags
christian louboutin sale
jordan retro 13
air jordan shoes
christian louboutin outlet
burberry handbags
louis vuitton outlet
jordan retro 11
ralph lauren
kd 7 shoes
michael kors outlet clearance
coach outlet
toms outlet
ray bans
louis vuitton bags
polo ralph lauren
giuseppe zanotti outlet
supra for sale
nike store
louis vuitton outlet
jordan 3 powder blue
michael kors outlet
gucci bags
nike air max uk
toms outlet
ray ban sunglasses outlet
louis vuitton outlet
vans sneakers
michael kors outlet
polo ralph lauren outlet
louis vuitton bags
designer handbags
coach outlet store online
nike running shoes for men
celine bags
louis vuitton purses
ray ban sunglasses
coach outlet
michael kors handbags

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment here... ^^b Thank you for your time.